Then Tuesday February 3rd 2009 I found a nice project car online, a 1962 Chevrolet Nova (0449-A) 4-door with a 194cui inline 6 and a Powerglide (2-speed automatic) transmission. The Nova was an original Dutch car, assembled in the Antwerp, Belgium, GM plant, licensed 03-07-1962 and started its life with a silver blue paint coat according the papers. I called the seller the same day and went there in the evening to take a look. The deal was made and the seller delivered it to my garage Friday February 6th.
Pics attached to the online ad:
I now have to make an inventory of what is and what isn’t with the car and make a plan of attack.
During the build and rebuild of the Camaro I have learned an awful lot which I think will benefit on this build. Things like a solid plan will prevent a lot of “scope creep”, something almost everyone who has done a project like this will recognize. I do not have a plan sofar, I am just brainstorming what to do exactly. However I have a whish list which contains a TCI front clip, Air Ride Technologies street challenge kit and LSX motor with 6speed manual transmission and more if I can afford it. I have an idea of how much I have spent on the Camaro, but no exact numbers since I stopped keeping track of it at one point. This time I want to keep a real world overview of how much this projects costs me, both in hours and money. I am pretty sure the numbers will be scary in the end, but it should be educational for everyone wanting to take on a project themselves.
So, for this first page on the Nova project I'll finish with some pics:
It even came with a Chilton repair manual and a factory assembly manual!